"A Nation with a Government, not a Government with a Nation"

"A Nation with a Government, not a Government with a Nation"

Friday 28 May 2010

Important Healthcare Update: Webcast & Motion to Dismiss


Important update regarding Virginia's lawsuit to overturn the individual mandate contained in the recent healthcare bill. On May 24 the Federal government responded in the U.S. District Court with a motion to dismiss the suit. This is routine and we expected this to be their response.
My team and I will respond to this motion to dismiss by June 7. The Federal government then has until June 22 to reply to Virginia's response. There's going to be a lot of back-and-forth, and I intend to make sure to keep you in the loop throughout this process! Today, I want to let you know about a webcast we're going to be holding on June 16th to discuss where we are on the case, what you can expect going forward and the constitutional issues involved. As an early supporter of my efforts on this case - I wanted to make sure you have a chance to participate in the healthcare discussion.Will you join me in participating in this webcast?

Citizens Against Government Waste

Citizens Against Government Waste
www.cagw.org