"A Nation with a Government, not a Government with a Nation"

"A Nation with a Government, not a Government with a Nation"

Monday 1 June 2009

GM is truly Government Motors

Another sad day is upon us and I must say another first I thought we'd never see has arrived. Our government (representing us) is now the largest stakeholder in a previously private company that received taxpayer funds to bail-out the company "to get it back on track." Adding to the list of bail-outs we have a Bail-out turned Bankrupt. Too big to fail? I question such. Who will be deemed next as too big to fail? Will the government mandate we must buy x% of cars from this company? Take a step back people, we are an independent nation because our forefathers (guided by providence) decided to say here and now we take a stand. Where is our stand? Our country is turned topsy-turvy by our "representatives," and now we own a car company. As a bonified taxpayer will I get a discount on the purchase of a GM vehicle? Seems fair since I've already contributed to the company's well-being. NO I WILL NOT BUY A GM and it's not because I do not support American businesses. I support the principles America was founded on where limited government is the best government and when the government becomes larger and steps into this (financial institutions) and that (automotive companies) and the other (medical care/insurance) I say enough.....by the way did you see that new FORD? Go FORD!

Citizens Against Government Waste

Citizens Against Government Waste
www.cagw.org