"A Nation with a Government, not a Government with a Nation"

"A Nation with a Government, not a Government with a Nation"

Saturday 30 January 2010

"I'm Tired" by Robert A. Hall


I'll be 63 soon. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce,` and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired. I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth around" to people` who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy or stupid to earn it.

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.

Citizens Against Government Waste

Citizens Against Government Waste
www.cagw.org